Friday, April 14, 2006

What I did on my Day Off

Today is my day off, so I'm just kicking it and doing odds and ends. I finally checked out my truck and decided to get it serviced. There is a weird noise coming the passenger-side front wheel. I think it's a ballbearing or a u-joint. Since my truck is a 4X4, it makes fixing it a little tricky. Yea, I know "a pick-up that's has 4X4?" In any case, I really don't want to mess with it and screw it up. While it's at the mechanic, I'm going to replace the oil cooler lines. What do they do? Here's the jist of it..... regular cars and trucks have the oil filter attached to the engine. My truck has it's oil filter detached and placed on the frame. There are a pair of rubber-metal hoses that oil flows to and from the oil filter. Those hoses are the ones I need to replace. My dad and I would have done it, but we would have to lift the engine. You see, we tryed it once and the One spot that it gets stuck, the hose is metal and the gap between the engine and the frame dose not allow enough space for much movement. I'm hopeing to take it in the next couple of weeks. Parts and labor should not be real expensive. I already ordered the oil lines and they are going to cost $64 bucks. the most should be labor.....I hope.

No comments: