Thursday, July 13, 2006

Blind Man

I walked past a blind man the other day.
The afternoon was hot as the sun beat down.
I tried not to stare, but only took the quickest glimpse.
He was an older man with an expression of 'Not knowing"
I thought to myself, "Should I ask him if he would like some help?"
Maybe he just needed to get to a bus station...
I wouldn't mind the walk nor helping him out.
Would he accept my help?
Granted, I was a stranger.
Possibly, he would take offense to any help.
I thought to myself, "what if I were blind? Would I accept anyone's help?"
I turned to see if he was still on his dediacted path, but he was gone.
"Could he have be gone so quickly?"
I got to my car and I drove around the city blocks for a bit.
I did find the blind man.
He was sitting in a dinner (of sorts) enjoying some Tea or a soda, but I couldn't tell.

No comments: